What’s ZeroMQ (0MQ)? It’s a non-brokered asynchronous messaging way to connect application on various platforms. Its creators call it "The Intelligent Transport Layer" (http://www.zeromq.org/). Why should you check it out?
- Because it’s ultra-fast and lightweight
- Because it supports various protocols, suited for the conditions you have to live with (for instance: multicast, IPC or even communicating within the same process)
- Because it’s so flexible, that it fits to any distributed scenario you like
- Because it’s available for all major OSes you’d like to put it on
- Because it supports 30+ programming languages (including .NET ones, of course)
- Aaaaaand finally - because it’s LGPLv3 licensed so you don’t have to pay for it (unless you want a separate commercial support, ofc)