My name's Sebastian Gębski, I think of myself as an engineering leader (at scale). My career has been hardened in the fire of several IT project- and product-based engagements, starting with start-ups, ending with large banks and insurance companies, where I've proven myself also as a polyglot architect and an effective practitioner of Domain Driven Design. My specialty is building high-performing engineering organizations and shaping modern delivery pipelines - with scalable development processes, lean tooling, and Continuous Delivery principle in mind.
I add value by leveraging my experience and knowledge at scale, but I'm not afraid to put my own hands on code if needed.
Technologies I feel myself most comfortable (and have the most practical experience) with:
- anything related to .NET (Core), just name your thing …
- modern data engineering/analytics (both stream-based real-time and OLAP upon DWH/DL)
- wide spectrum of AWS cloud portfolio services
- Cloud Native ecosystem
- Elixir & Phoenix
Catchy acronyms I'm entitled to use (certifications, titles, etc.):
- AWS Certified Solution Architect - Professional
- AWS Certified Data Analytics - Specialty
- MCTS, MCPD, MCSD - bag of Microsoft certifications
- PMP & PMI-ACP
- PRINCE2 Practitioner
- PSM III (Professional Scrum Master III) & Scaled Professional Scrum
- ITIL v3 Foundation
- TOGAF 9 Certified
I've led teams up to 70 people in endeavors that involved hundreds of individuals. I prefer (by far) to do my job the Lean way; kaizen and professional curiosity is what fuels me on daily basis. I'm up to any challenge, as long as there's glory to be earned and it's a step forth, not back (for myself, company, team, customers & users).
I speak on this blog for myself only.