Microsoft is certainly aiming to fill their more-than-obvious gap in NOSQL / Big Data offering and they are going to do it in style. It has been confirmed, that Microsoft is working on their own implementation of Hadoop, which currently is in first CTP (Customer Technology Preview) stage. The most important facts are:
- it’s meant to be 100% compatible with Hadoop
- expected release time is mid-2012
- initial release will already contain HBase, MapReduce, HDFS, Pig and Hive components
To find out more about Hadoop @ Microsoft, please follow one of the following links:
- Source of facts cited above - http://radar.oreilly.com/2012/01/microsoft-big-data.html
- Official Microsoft info - http://www.microsoft.com/sqlserver/en/us/solutions-technologies/business-intelligence/big-data-solution.aspx
You’ve successfully subscribed to No Kill Switch
Welcome back! You’ve successfully signed in.
Great! You’ve successfully signed up.
Success! Your email is updated.
Your link has expired
Success! Check your email for magic link to sign-in.