Very quietly, without big announcements, Microsoft has released RTM version of Service Bus 1.0 for Windows (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windowsazure/jj193022(v=azure.10).aspx) - now it’s possible to use the same Service Bus toolset for both on-premise and Windows Azure!
- In short words - Service Bus is an integration component that makes you able to connect your loosely coupled apps in a message-oriented way.
- It has the same SDK as Azure version -> you can easily move your on-premise applications into the cloud (and back, if there’s a need).
- First release is focused on brokered communication:
- Queues - similar to MSMQ (http://www.windowsazure.com/en-us/develop/net/how-to-guides/service-bus-queues/)
- Topics - publish-subscribe pattern implementation (http://www.windowsazure.com/en-us/develop/net/how-to-guides/service-bus-topics)