… here comes Greg Young to prove you wrong :)
- "Account is created"
- "150 USD transfer IN registered"
- "50 USD transfer OUT registered"
- Audit mechanism … included
- We can adjust our model freely - adding a field / column? No problem, you don’t have to mess with past events.
- If you really need the state, you can re-generate it by running through events. If you don’t need it anymore, you can put it to garbage again.
- at Martin Fowler’s Bliki - http://martinfowler.com/eaaDev/EventSourcing.html
- at Greg Young’s classical blogpost - http://codebetter.com/gregyoung/2010/02/20/why-use-event-sourcing/