- Finally! Latest Martin Fowler’s (http://martinfowler.com/) book - "NoSQL Distilled : A Brief Guide to the Emerging World of Polyglot Persistence" - has been published in both paperback and Kindle (http://www.amazon.com/NoSQL-Distilled-Emerging-Persistence-ebook/dp/B0090J3SYW/ref=tmmkintitle_0?ie=UTF8&qid=1345665032&sr=8-1) form. Knowing Martin Fowler’s former accomplishments, buying it is a must :) I’m not going to describe what’s it about as the title makes it more than self-explanatory. You can expect a review in few weeks though.
- My favourite developer tools creator company - JetBrains (http://www.jetbrains.com) has published a new major version of their most renown product - ReSharper 7 (http://www.jetbrains.com/resharper/). What’s new and is the upgrade price justified?
- WinRT development is supported (clearly the biggest change)
- Visual Studio 2012 is supported
- visuals have been improved and adjusted to Metro style
- several new inspections, dependency property support, more code exploration options, etc.
Traditional presentations in PowerPoint are clearly aiming straight to museums. After the successful experiment with PPTPlex (http://www.officelabs.com/projects/pptPlex/Pages/default.aspx), there’s another solution that will make you able to present your thought more clearly and in a better organized way - for more details, check http://prezi.com/. There’s an awesome video on YouTube, that show the basic demonstration of what Prezi is capable of: http://youtu.be/hTbq1tAbHss